Trade Mission to
15 - 18 November 2021
Messe Düsseldorf, Germany
The Department for International Trade (DIT) invites healthcare and life sciences businesses from across the Northern Powerhouse region to join this trade mission to the leading international trade fair for the sector.
The world of medicine meets at MEDICA 2021. A must for anyone who wants to experience tomorrow’s healthcare market live. MEDICA will offer businesses a platform to showcase Northern expertise, network with key industry professionals and connect with overseas buyers.
The Northern Powerhouse is home to many innovative and ground-breaking companies and a globally recognised manufacturing centre for medical equipment. MEDICA will be the ideal platform for any business to showcase their expertise.
Delegates attending the mission will be supported by a DIT life sciences sector specialist and have access to a cost-effective and tailored mission programme to make the most of the exhibition.
Why join this trade mission?
- Mission briefings
- In-market business to business meeting opportunities
- In-market and pre-departure seminars
- Digital directory and in-market promotion
- In-market networking reception (subject to change)
There is a cost of £499 plus VAT non-refundable booking fee payable upon approval of attendance, which covers flights, accommodation as well as transfers between the airport, accommodation and the exhibition.
- MEDICA 2021 exhibition entry ticket
- Virtual briefings prior to MEDICA 2021
- Meeting programme with DIT sector specialists delivered in-market and online
- Networking opportunities
- Unique and exclusive accommodation location within a short walk of the Messe Düsseldorf exhibition centre
- Access to British pavilion facilities including tea, coffee, cold drinks and light refreshments
- Use of bookable Northern Powerhouse and DIT meeting facilities
This trade mission is tailored to all sizes of companies no matter your level of export experience. If you are a first time exporter, you can prepare for this trade mission by attending workshops as part of the Export Academy. All delegates will have access to the pre-mission briefing and webinars.
There are two groups attending this trade mission. Upon registering, you will be asked to select your preferred dates (each group includes one day of travel and two days at the exhibition.)
14 - 16 November 2021
16 - 18 November 2021
Please note allocations will be made once payment has been received and take place on a first-come first-serve basis.
Don't miss out. Register to express your interest now.
MEDICA Mission - Terms and Conditions
1. The non-refundable cost to attend the mission is £499.00 plus VAT. This payment will secure your place on the mission and covers all programme activities, standard flights, accommodation, and a single airport transfer in Düsseldorf.
2. There will be a vetting process to assess the suitability of applying companies. Due to a limited capacity any expressions of interest will be reviewed on an individual basis and we will contact you as soon as possible to confirm a successful application.
3. We normally only allow one delegate per company. Please contact us for more information.
4. It is a condition of travel that all delegates provide a copy of a comprehensive travel insurance policy before travel covering, but not limited to, the following:
• trip cancellation and curtailment cover
• overseas medical and repatriation costs
• all medical conditions considered
5. Once your attendance has been confirmed you will be sent a secure link where you will be given instruction on how to send a copy of your travel insurance prior to submitting payment of the non-refundable booking fee. You will also receive a copy of the “Booking terms and conditions – Hotelship Medica 2021” issued by the Travel Agent.
6. By registering for this Mission, and on acceptance, you agree to comply with all regulations and requirements around travel and shall not bring DIT into disrepute or damage its interests or reputation even indirectly, for example by:
• making defamatory comments about DIT, individuals or other companies during the Mission;
• posting images of the Mission or other delegates that have not been authorised by the organisers;
• making false or misleading statements about the Mission and DIT;
• publishing on social media or acting in a way that will harm the reputation of DIT and the organisers
7. We will be collecting personal information as part of our registration process. This information will be processed as set out under the Department for International Trade’s Privacy Notice.
Join us and find out about the exciting opportunities for your business.