How to submit or review a proposal:
1. Please click on "Continue" to login, create a new user account or to edit or review proposals.
2. Click on "Submissions" to view and edit your proposals.
3. Click on "Add new" to add a new proposal.
4. If you would like to finalize your proposal at a later stage, just click on "Save and continue later".
5. Please do not forget to upload a document to proof your non-profit status in case you apply for travel expenses.
6. Please do not forget to upload an explanatory document for your proposal (e.g. draft paper or presentation).
7. Click on "Save & submit" once your submission is complete. You will not be able to edit the proposal afterwards.
8. Please read the additional information on the different types of proposals carefully below.
9. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Submission of proposals
Sessions of the conference last 90 minutes.
- All proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Steering Committee.
- Proposals for an individual presentation or a full session can only be submitted through the online submission form available from the conference website. To submit a proposal, please complete the form in English. Please note that no other format can be accepted.
- An electronic version of a draft paper, presentation or another explanatory document must be attached in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Presentations should include lessons from both successes and failures, as well as business case data reflecting costs and incomes
Proposals can be submitted under the following two categories:
A: Proposals for a full session
The organisers of the conference invite proposals that cover a full 90-minute session. The hosting organisation will be named in the agenda and conference report as a content partner of the conference.
The content of these sessions must focus on a specific topic addressing specific questions that are relevant to a broader audience. Proposals should include concrete objectives for the session. Submissions based on the details of actual results are preferred. Panellists should ideally represent a broad range of stakeholders and/or have a broad geographic background.
- The hosting organisation will be responsible for inviting speakers and organising the session in coordination with the organisers of the conference.
- The travel costs of speakers/facilitators must be covered by the hosting organisation.
- Up to four speakers/facilitators will be granted admission free of charge.
- If you are submitting two consecutive sessions, such as for training, please note this in your proposal.
- Speakers must be registered using the online registration form.
- Speakers/facilitators must be confirmed by 1 September 2021 at the latest.
- Rooms will be allocated by the conference organisers.
- Room arrangements cannot be changed.
If you would like to host a full session, please submit a draft outline of the session to the conference organisers using the proposal submission form. The proposal must include speakers and the facilitator, as well as the key questions to be discussed.
B: Proposals for an individual presentation
The organisers invite proposals for individual presentations of around 15–20 minutes, which will be combined with other matching presentations in one session. Proposals for individual presentations should include concrete lessons learnt and recommendations for the audience. Submissions based on the details of actual results are preferred.
Speakers and facilitators invited directly by the conference organisers will be granted free admission to the conference. Limited funding is also available, upon application, for economy class travel and the hotel expenses of speakers and facilitators from non-profit organisations (excluding large national and international donor organisations). Applications for travel grants cannot be accepted after the submission of a proposal. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that can be submitted by an organisation, although travel grants are limited to one speaker per non-profit organisation.
For details of travel grants for speakers and facilitators, please consult
Timeline and acceptance
Submission deadline for proposals and draft papers 15 May 2021
Notification of acceptance 31 July 2021
Confirmation of speakers for sessions hosted by third parties 31 August 2021
Submission of draft presentations for the conference 15 September 2021
Submission of draft presentations and final papers 15 October 2021
Please note that the submission deadlines are final.