The ninth edition of Geneva Peace Week (GPW) is proud to launch its call for applications on the overarching theme ‘Peace is Possible’. Geneva Peace Week is a leading annual forum in the international peacebuilding calendar in which organizations in Geneva and their international partners come together to share knowledge and practice on a diverse range of topics relating to the promotion of peace across contexts and disciplines.
Geneva Peace Week 2022 will be held from 31 October - 4 November, both in-person and online. As every year, Geneva Peace Week 2022 will aim to enhance the quality of the programme and experience for peacebuilding practitioners, and to also maintain an inclusive space for dialogue on cross-cutting issues on peace. In 2022, there will be an opportunity to participate as an organizer of a Workshop or a Digital Series production. The Selection Committee will accept the highest quality of applications for approximately 25 workshops (up to 15 in-person), and 25 contributions to the adapted Digital Series.
Application Criteria and Guidance
- To view a full breakdown of the application criteria for GPW22, please click below:
- To view the guidance note for Digital Series applications, please click below:
- To view detailed descriptions of the thematic tracks for GPW22, please click below:
Applications are due by Wednesday 29 June 17:00 (CET). Notification will be sent to successful applicants by late July 2022.
Please note that you can save your application and go back later. If you face any issue while registering, please contact the GPW Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the steps below to submit your application:
- Click on 'Login & Apply' and create your profile
- To start the application, click on 'Submissions' and 'add new'
- Select the format of the proposed application: Workshop or Digital Series
- For Digital Series application, select the type of your digital series contribution
- Select the thematic track of the application
- Type a title of the online interactive session or digital series contribution and click ‘next’
- Answer questions on substance and content of the application and click ‘next’
- Answer questions on design and format of the application and click ‘next’
- Provide any available information about the partner organizations
- Provide any available information about Communications Focal Point
- Provide any available information about the speakers. Here you can upload photos of the speaker/s
- For Digital Series application, attach an example of content that you have produced similar to your digital series application by clicking the ‘upload’ button
- For Workshop application, select multiple time options for your session by holding down the ‘Command’ key on the Mac and the ‘Control’ key on the PC. In the next question specify if you would like your session to be recorded and available to attendees
- Confirm acceptance of the organizer responsibilities and commitments by clicking on check boxes
- Submit your application by clicking the ‘Save & Submit’ button
Maison de la Paix - Geneva - Switzerland
©2022 Geneva Peace Week
Geneva Peace Week is a flagship initiative of the Geneva Peacebuilding Platform in collaboration with the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), and the Platform’s five partners – the Graduate Institute’s Centre on Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding (CCDP); the Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance (DCAF); the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP); Interpeace; and the Quaker United Nations Office, Geneva (QUNO). Geneva Peace Week is also supported by Switzerland.
This year, Geneva Peace Week 2022 is being powered by the Aventri Event Management Technology Platform. Their integrated platform has enabled the development of the GPW registration, app, networking features, website, and more.