The ICII 2023 is an in-person conference. Please read the guidelines below carefully and click on the button at the end of this page to continue.
Submission of proposals
- All proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Steering Committee including a pre-selection process.
- Proposals need to make a compelling case on how to add value to the shared knowledge base and drive market development.
- Proposals for individual presentations and full sessions can only be submitted through the online submission form available from the conference website. To submit a proposal, please complete the form in English. Please note that no other format can be accepted.
- An electronic version of a draft paper, presentation or other explanatory document must be attached in Acrobat (PDF) format.
Proposals can be submitted under the following two categories:
A) Proposals for a full session
The conference organisers invite proposals that cover a full 90-minute session. The hosting organisation will be named in the agenda and conference report as a content partner of the conference.
The content of these sessions must focus on a specific topic addressing specific questions that are relevant to a broader audience. Proposals should include concrete objectives for the session. Submissions based on the details of actual results are preferred. Panellists should ideally represent a broad range of stakeholders and/or have a broad geographic background, as well as gender diversity.
- The hosting organisation will be responsible for inviting speakers and organising the session in coordination with the conference organisers.
- The travel and accommodation costs of speakers/facilitators should be covered by the hosting organisation. The conference organisers are not responsible for covering such expenses.
- Up to four speakers/facilitators will be granted admission free of charge.
- If you are submitting two consecutive sessions, such as for training, please note this in your proposal.
- Speakers must be registered using the online registration form.
- Speakers/facilitators must be confirmed by 1 September 2023 at the latest.
- Breakout rooms for the session will be allocated by the conference organisers.
- Breakout room arrangements cannot be changed.
- If you would like to host a full session, please submit a draft outline of the session to the conference organisers, using the proposal submission form. The proposal must include speakers and the facilitator, as well as the key questions to be discussed.
B) Proposals for an individual presentation
The organisers invite proposals for individual presentations of around 15-20 minutes, which will be combined with other matching presentations in one session. Proposals for individual presentations should include concrete lessons learnt and recommendations for the audience. Submissions based on the details of actual results are preferred.
Limited funding is available upon application for economy-class travel and hotel expenses of speakers and facilitators from non-profit organisations (excluding large national and international donor organisations). Applications for travel grants cannot be accepted after a proposal has been submitted. There is no limit to the number of abstracts that can be submitted by an organisation, though travel grants are limited to one speaker per non-profit organisation. For details of travel grants for speakers and facilitators, please consult www.inclusiveinsurance.org.
Registration of speakers, participation fees and travel/accommodationA limited number of speakers and facilitators invited directly by the conference organisers will receive free entry to the conference (*does not apply to the pitching session). The speakers must be registered by 15 September 2023 at the latest. Speakers in the pitching session will have to pay the regular participation fee. The conference organisers are not responsible for the speakers’ travel, hotel and visa arrangements.
Timeline and acceptance
|Submission deadline for proposals and draft papers (extended)
|9 May 2023
|Notification of acceptance
|31 July 2023
|Confirmation of speakers for sessions hosted by third parties
|31 August 2023
|Submission of draft presentations for the conference
|15 September 2023
|Submission of draft presentations and final papers
|15 October 2023
1. Please click on "Continue" to login, create a new user account or to edit or review proposals.
2. Click on "Submissions" to view and edit your proposals.
3. Click on "Add new" to add a new proposal.
4. If you would like to finalize your proposal at a later stage, just click on "Save and continue later".
5. Please do not forget to upload a document to proof your non-profit status in case you apply for travel expenses.
6. Please do not forget to upload an explanatory document for your proposal (e.g. draft paper or presentation).
7. Click on "Save & submit" once your submission is complete. You will not be able to edit the proposal afterwards.
8. Please read the additional information on the different types of proposals carefully above.
9. For questions, please contact email@example.com.