The Women's International Networking (WIN) programme is a brand-new initiative designed to increase the participation of women-owned and women-led businesses in international trade and create opportunities for females to achieve economic empowerment.
With six weeks of hard-hitting content including virtual training, diverse panel discussions and exclusive networking opportunities, the programme will equip you with the resources and connections you need to grow a globally competitive retail business.
Learn how to develop an export-friendly digital presence as part of an insightful agenda of workshops, before embarking to Dubai to attend The Retail Summit 2023. Showcase your products* to the global retail community and join topical discussions for growing companies including sustainability and post-pandemic strategies as well as creating more diverse workforces in retail. Concluding your activity at The Retail Summit is participation in an exclusive event that will give you direct connections to key e-Commerce and bricks-and-mortar buyers.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to explore the UAE market for potential exporting opportunities, gain exposure for your brand and meet buyers, distributors and e-Commerce marketplaces in the region looking for new products, all with the support of a dedicated DIT International Trade Adviser, the Digital Exporting team, and a cohort of ambitious female-lead businesses.
The programme will include:
- A series of virtual workshops to support your attendance at The Retail Summit, providing you with all the essential skills and knowledge you will need to understand the UAE, make the most of trade shows and grow an international retail business (See full agenda here).
- Two day entrance ticket for The Retail Summit 2023 which features keynote presentations from some of the brightest minds in the global retail community
- A Meet-the-Buyer event with key e-Commerce partners and bricks-and-mortar buyers
- An in-market educational programme on doing business in the Middle East with subject matter experts covering topics like marketing, regional consumer insights, go-to-market strategy and local business culture
- Support from a dedicated DIT Trade Adviser and the Digital Exporting team throughout
- Access to discounted flights and hotel accommodation
Your own exhibition space (2m x 2m branded booths) to showcase your products and engage with international buyers in our dedicated UK marketplace (fee applies)
Operate in the Retail sector (Fashion and Accessories, Beauty and Skincare or Home and Living)
- Have a female founder, leader or executive
- Be based in the Northern Powerhouse region
Places are limited to allow you to gain tailored support, so ensure to register your interest in this fantastic offer today.
We will be collecting personal information as part of our registration process. This information will be processed and shared within the Department for International Trade (DIT) and with selected third parties for purposes connected with DIT performing a task in the public interest or to fulfil an official function and the task or function has a clear basis in law. DIT takes your privacy very seriously. Your personal data shall be processed according to the Department for International Trade’s Fair Processing Notice.
Group virtual training workshops
6 February - 10 March 2023
Gain actionable advice in various expert-led training workshops. Select your sessions here.
Tailored one-to-one advice
6 February - 16 March 2023
Meet with International Trade Advisers who can help you create a roadmap to business growth
Global Retail Summit 2023
14-15 March 2023
Hear keynote presentations from some of the brightest minds in the global retail community
Exclusive Meet-the-Buyer event
16 March 2023
Connect with key e-Commerce and bricks-and-mortar buyers
The fee to join this programme has been exclusively subsidised for Northern Powerhouse companies. This includes access to all workshops, the meet-the-buyer event and two days entry to The Retail Summit 2023, Dubai. Flights, accomodation and sustenance are not included. Discounted flight and accomodation rates end 13 January 2023.
*Optional add-on: There is the option to occupy your own exhibition space at The Retail Summit (2m x 2m branded booths) to showcase your products in our dedicated UK marketplace. The fee for this element is £1000 + VAT. This offer is available to one delegate per company and we reserve the right to decline applications for participation.
Join to discover global retail trends, opportunities and connections