UK-India HealthTech Bootcamp
About the Bootcamp
Take centre stage to catapult your HealthTech business in India to the UK.
The British High Commission in India is organising a UK-India HealthTech Bootcamp from March 13th - 15th, 2023. This is an exciting opportunity for Indian companies to learn about the UK's health ecosystem, develop market access strategies, and explore potential overseas partnerships. The event is being organised in collaboration with the Academic Health Science Network, Yorkshire and Humber, KIIT-Technology Business Incubator, and Bhubaneswar City Knowledge Innovation Cluster Foundation, who will support us on this journey to boost participant's understanding of what is required to enter the UK's health market and continue their global product improvement journey.
Sessions on a range of topics by subject matter experts including:
- Overview of the UK health ecosystem
- Working with the National Health Service (NHS) - Organisational structure, funding flows, strategies and programmes
- Growth and spread - Introduction to Department of International Trade (DIT), The Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Service Network (YHAHSN) and regional integrated care system’s
- Governance - Clinical safety, Digital Technology Assessment Criteria (DTAC)
- Evidence and evaluation
- Funding and finance
- Legal considerations
- Next steps
Key takeaways for participants:
The programme aims to give companies a crash course on the UK's health ecosystem and market, access to subject matter experts and the opportunity to engage directly with UK NHS stakeholders.
The Programme will be run in 2 stages.
25 companies will get to participate in a 3 days fully funded HealthTech Bootcamp from 13th - 15th March 2023 in Bhubaneshwar.
6 companies from this cohort will be selected for a 5-day fully funded, bespoke programme in the UK where they will get the opportunity to engage directly with the wider HealthTech ecosystem in the UK.
Indian companies with solutions to address the following challenges being faced by the NHS:
- Workforce: Innovations that support the NHS workforce by driving efficiency and streamlining workflow (e.g. right pathway first time).
- Waiting lists: Innovations that helps manage NHS waiting lists e.g. prioritising patients and managing waiting well, including for elective treatment and cancer diagnostic pathways.
- Mental health: Innovation that monitor, manage and support mental health.
- Early diagnostics (particularly cancer and mental health): Innovations that help in diagnosing disease early leading to early and cost effective interventions.
- Urgent and emergency care: Innovations to prevent / reduce unscheduled care episodes, speed up ambulance care and discharge.
How do I register?
Please fill out the application by 12th February 2023
- The shortlisted applicants will be given an opportunity to pitch their business ideas virtually on 27th and 28th February 2023.
- After the pitch round, the top 25 companies will be invited to participate in the UK-India HealthTech Bootcamp in Bhubaneshwar from 13th - 15th March 2023.