Build a Sustainable Export Strategy to Grow Your Business
The Department for Business and Trade is pleased to invite businesses to join this virtual taster session to explore the benefits of becoming more sustainable and how to implement a sustainable export strategy.
Are you considering becoming more sustainable but wondering where to start?
Do you have questions about what's involved and how it will affect the bottom line?
There are many options for businesses that want to incorporate sustainable practices, and in this short session we will share a brief overview covering as many of these as possible, including practical considerations such as time and resources.
This event will be suitable for businesses of any size from any sector that are wanting to find out about sustainable practices.
- Learn some of the benefits of being more sustainable, including winning more international business
- Hear realistic guidance on how to implement sustainable exporting strategies and practices
- Find out how to incorporate sustainability into your sales and marketing strategy to acquire more interest from overseas customers
- Get a brief taste of some of the options for your business, including measuring carbon footprint, carbon literacy, sustainable global supply chains and ethical trading, waste management, accreditations, financing sustainable exports and more
- Benefit from guidance on how to effectively monitor and communicate your carbon footprint, and prove you are working towards Net Zero
- Gain insights into demonstrating sustainability when bidding into large supply chains/contracts for the best chance of success
- Learn about the pitfalls to avoid such as greenwashing, and understand how to live your company values
Join us on 11 May and find out how to take your next steps to a sustainable business strategy.
Date: Thursday 11 May 2023
Time: 10:00 - 11:15
Speakers - More Coming Soon
Founder, Sustainable Business Services
James Staniforth is the Founder of Sustainable Business Services and Co-Founder of U Offset. He has several years' experience in sustainability, working in the water retailer industry educating businesses about water scarcity here in the UK, linking using less water with using less energy and reducing cost and environmental impact.
James is a Climate Reality Leader and a member of The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment. He is passionate about business and the environment and fortunate to combine his passions to support businesses, and to understand, track and reduce their environmental impact.