#Growonline2021: Spotlight on South East Asia
Midlands Engine Digital Conference: 10 March 2021
If your business is exploring new geographic opportunities for selling your consumer goods and luxury, electronic and fashion brands online to consumers in 2021, South East Asia, using Singapore as a launchpad into the region, should be on your radar as an export destination:
#Growonline2021 – Spotlight on SE Asia is aimed at SMEs in the consumer goods, luxury, electronic and fashion sectors who want to start and grow their brands online in Singapore and South East Asia.
Why South East Asia?
- The region has a population of more than 670 million
- There is a high demand for British products
- The eCommerce market in the region currently sits at around $62bn and expected to increase to $172bn by 2025
- Singapore, the gateway to South East Asia, now has an FTA in place with the United Kingdom, allowing UK businesses to utilise and expand into the wider region
- The Department for International Trade (DIT) has built good relationships with major eCommerce players in the region, all working together to offer turnkey solutions for UK businesses to successfully trade
Why attend the conference?
The aims of this virtual conference are to connect, inform and inspire you to explore what the South East Asian region has to offer, and how to leverage Singapore as a launchpad to expand your brand in the region.
You will spend the morning in the company of leaders and experts in the eCommerce landscape, including Keyhole Insights, Sift & Pick, Shopee, Janio and Singapore Post. You will also learn what the opportunities and considerations are for businesses like yours, who want to start and grow online sales in South East Asia.
Our packed morning agenda offers something for all, and you will not go away empty handed.
Is there any support for businesses after the conference?
Following on from the conference you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with one of our highly skilled international trade advisers
- Join our fully funded South East Asia Digital Catalyst – a tailored and practical programme designed to help you understand, launch and grow your online sales in the South East Asia landscape
Organised in partnership with:
The Midlands Engine is the heartbeat of Britain’s economy. Built on a strong advanced manufacturing base and enhanced by a range of sectoral strengths, the Midlands Engine is perfectly positioned to take advantage of economic growth, productivity and skills opportunities.
We have gathered together some of the most highly respected professionals in the industry to discuss the role in scaling companies in today's environment. Among our esteemed speakers and panelists are:
Our packed agenda will leave you with a good idea of your next steps as well as the opportunity to join our South East Asia Digital Trade Catalyst for ongoing tailored and 1:1 support.
Use the link below to view our full itinerary for the day in detail.
Use the link below to register your interest in joining today, and don't miss out on this invaluable opportunity to receive up-to-date advice and continued support on selling into this vibrant market.
Please note that priority will be given to businesses based in the Midlands Engine region, and that your place is not guaranteed until you receive confirmation from us.
For any other export related enquiries contact the Department for International Trade East Midlands at:
events@tradeEM.co.uk or call 0345 052 4001.