Terms & Conditions
- We, the Service Design Network (SDN), invite you to the Service Design Global Conference 2021. The conference will take place between online October 21 – 22, 2021.
- Consider that by booking your participation in the Service Design Global Conference 2021, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Scope of Applicability
- The following conditions of ticketing govern the sale of our conference-tickets to you.
- Please read through our conditions carefully before you place an order on this website.
- We may change these terms and conditions at any time without your notice by updating this contend and if you continue to access or use this website we will consider that you have accepted any changes.
Types of Tickets
- For your attendance at Service Design Global Conference 2021 the service Design Network provides different types of tickets as you can learn from our Service Design Global Conference 2021 webpage. In order to buy a ticket, please go to the ticket webpage and click on the 'BUY NOW!' button. You will be linked to our partners website where you choose your type of ticket and fill in your invitee information. The Service Design Network does not consider PhD candidates as students. Therefore, as a PhD candidate you are not entitled to register for a student ticket.
- At the SDN, we are committed to achieving a more diverse community of global practitioners unconstrained by economic barriers that may hinder them from accessing everything our organisation has to offer. In line with this thinking, we are instituting a new pricing structure for our conference tickets which eliminates a previously flat rate of and replaces it with a two-tiered ticket pricing approach that considers the global disparity in currency value. Using the World Bank's* country income index as a guiding framework, we are now basing Conference ticket prices on where you live and your income bracket following categories defined by the World Bank:
*To learn more about where your country falls within the World Bank's country designations. Please note that a supplemental list is also available for countries not registered within this index due to being territories of other countries or smaller independent nations.
Tier 1,2 (countries with High and Upper middle income)
Tier 3,4 (countries with Lower middle and Low income)
- All above fees exclude Workshop tickets, which will be sold separately.
- Your fee will be automatically calculated in the registration’s system, based on the country of your residence. Countries with High and Upper middle income, this have Financially Inclusive Pricing included into the invoice to differentiate the fee to the fees for the countries with Lower middle and Low income.
- SDN members are imported into the registrations system. When entering your email in the registration process, the system will recognise you as a member and will automatically assign you member fee.
Conclusion of Contract and Delivery
- Regarding our ticket-buying-process, we make use of our cooperation-partner Aventri. Aventri is a leading event booking service provider processing our whole booking process.
- After filling in the invitee information on this secured website you need to give us further registration information. You have to insert all required information to proceed with your booking. Please make sure that this information is valid and true. SDN reserves the right to refuse your admittance in case of false information. Having read through and confirming our T&C you can choose your way of payment.
- The ticket-offers presented on our website are made without obligation, and are not offers within the meaning of the law. If customers wish to acquire a ticket for the selected event, they must initiate the ticket-buying-process by entering the invitee information.
- By clicking the “Buy Now”-button you send us a legally binding offer to buy the chosen ticket from us.
- By sending you our confirmation e-mail we accept your offer to buy. This e-mail especially contains a summary of your registration information as well as your confirmation code. Please check the listed information and use the provided link which you can find beneath your registration information within the confirmation e-mail for amendments.
- The offered price for the online-ticket is the final price including VAT.
- To complete your registration and the ticket-buying-process you have the option to choose between different payment methods: Credit-Card (American Express, Diners Club, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron) or PayPal.
Service Design Global Conference 2021 Related Communications
- Your e-mail address is only used in order to provide you information related to Service Design Global Conference 2021. Your denoted name and any additional information you provide during registration (e.g. Country) might be used in order to personalize the e-mail.
- If you are a consumer you have a right to cancel your order basically in reference to §§ 312g, 355 of the German Civil Code (BGB). Considering contracts which involve ticket orders any right of consumers to cancel may lapse prematurely. In accordance with § 312g II sentence 1 No. 9 BGB there is no right of cancellation your ticket order. Once you bought a ticket, you are obliged to pay for it.
- All purchases of tickets are non-refundable.
- In the event that the purchaser is a consumer and to whom the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83/ EU) applies, this consumer is entitled to a cooling-off period of fourteen days which begins on the day of the purchase.
- Please consider that you may have the option to transfer your ticket to a third-party.
- No refunds will be given to you if you fail to attend our event (no-show) or fail to be on time for whatever reason. Tickets are not taken back.
- In the unlikely case of cancellation of the event, we will inform you by email at the address you shared with us in your invitee information at any time prior to the event start date. In these cases, you will be entitled to withdraw from the contract and we will refund your ticket payment. We are limited to the amount that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted. We are not responsible for other expenses you already made.
Right to Transfer the Ticket
- Up to two weeks prior to the official start of the event, you may transfer your ticket to a third party.
- In order to transfer your ticket please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your ticket and personal details and personal details of the third party you wish to transfer your ticket to. Third-party will be informed via e-mail about this change and upon confirmation will be able to edit the details for conference attendance. Please note in case of ticket transfers all the personal data will be editable expect the name and e-mail id of the third party.
- In case the sessions you have already chosen sessions for the conference before transferring the tickets, they cannot be altered. Any amendments in session selection are not allowed once confirmed.
- The third-party must have the same status as you do and hypothetically must be able to choose the same type of ticket if he wanted to buy a ticket himself. For example, an SDN Student-Member-Ticket can only be transferred to another SDN Student-Member with a valid student-ID.
Collection and Sharing of Attendee List
- We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research only relating to this event. In order to do this, we may share your information with our business partners and conference sponsors. Your contact information may be shared with other attendees of the conference for networking purposes through the app.
- Please note, our service provider Aventri manages ticket-ordering and -payment process. Additionally, our app developer Brella manages your contact information. We only use your personal data to organize and perform this event. We do not have any influence on the data-handling of Aventri nor Brella. If you have any queries about this, please contact us at email@example.com.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for any loss, which may arise from reliance on information contained in this website or other sites, which may be linked to our site from time to time.
- We will perform any services with reasonable skill and care.
- Liability for claims of damages for contractual, quasi-contractual, tortious or other legal grounds is excluded.
- The above exclusions and limitations of liability will also apply in favour of our employees, agents and servants and other third parties used by us in the performance of the contract.
- Limitation of liability does not apply in case life, body or health is harmed or if harm is due to willful misconduct or grossly negligence or if the breach is due to non-fulfillment of an essential cardinal obligation; it will not apply if we have given a guarantee; nor will it apply for damages which are to be compensated under the German Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz). In the above matters, liability is unlimited. This applies for direct damages as well as for indirect damages.
- Furthermore, other mandatory legal claims on liability remain unaffected.
Conference / Workshop Content
- In connection with all presentations, workshops, and other SDN-services during the conference, we do not accept responsibility for the provided content. Opinions expressed are those of individual speakers and not necessarily those of SDN.
Change of the Program / Cancellation of Event
- We reserve the right to make changes to the program of the event. A change will be made for example in case an announced speaker is unable to attend the event and needs to be replaced.
- In the unlikely case of cancellation of the event, we will inform you by email at the address you shared with us in your invitee information at any time prior to the event start date. In these cases you will be entitled to withdraw from the contract and we will refund your ticket payment. We are limited to the amount that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted. We are not responsible for other expenses you already made.
- SDN reserves the right to cancel, suspend or vary the operation of our obligations to you if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, flood, storms, plant breakdowns, strikes, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of material or suppliers or any event outside of SDN’s control. We shall not be held liable or cover your expenses for any breach of contract or tort resulting from such an event.
Filming and Sound Recording
- We reserve the right to film, record, or photograph at the event for marketing purposes. By attending our conference you agree to be filmed, recorded and/or photographed. Furthermore, you agree to the use of videos, recordings, or images, in which you may be heard or seen. In addition, you give us permission to share and store these content on third-party platforms. If you do not want to be portrayed, please inform the photographer at the event.
- It is prohibited to make videos on our event.
- You may take photos for your personal use only. Commercial use is only allowed with written prior permission by our authorized personnel.
We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication, and research only relating to this event. In order to do this, we may share your information with our business partners.
Your contact information may be shared with other attendees of the conference for networking purposes through the app.
Please consider that Aventri provides you with the whole ticket ordering and payment process. Additionally, consider that Brella manages your contact information.
We only use your personal data to organize and perform this event. We do not have any impact on the data-handling of Aventri or Brella. If you have any queries about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The language of the contract shall be English.
- All contracts are governed by German law to the exclusion of the UN-Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
- This choice of law only applies to consumer only to the extent that the protection granted by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country of the consumer’s usual residence is not deprived.
- In case the Member is a merchant, the exclusive (and international) court of jurisdiction for all disputes resulting directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship is Cologne. In the case of cross-border contracts, this also applies for non-merchants. SDN reserves the right to call on any other internationally responsible court. This also applies to you – not being a consumer – not having your place of general jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or in case that your residence or habitual abode is unknown by the time a lawsuit is filed.
- Your conflicting or supplementary general terms and conditions will not form a component of the contract.
- If any of these terms is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- With the beginning of 2016, the European Commission provides consumers a Link to the platform of the European Commission – a European Online Dispute Resolution platform. Our e-mail address is email@example.com. All enquiries relating to these Terms and Conditions should be directed to the above e-mail address.