We have five different events under our Arctic Frontiers Young program, inviting young actors to the Arctic scene. The following Young program events will be present during Arctic Frontiers 2022:
- Science for Schools is arranged in collaboration with the Science Centre of Northern Norway and the APECS. We invite 10th grade students in Tromsø to participate in a science project. Following lectures by scientists the students work on a chosen project that is presented in a poster session during the Science for Schools conference. The winners of the best posters of Science for Schools will present their posters during the Science Poster Session in Arctic Frontiers 2022.
- Science for Kids is arranged in collaboration with the Science Centre of Northern-Norway, the Fram Centre and Akvaplan-niva A/S. We invite kindergartens in Tromsø to create their own science project, learning how to work as a researcher in the Arctic.
- Emerging Leaders facilitates meetings between young professionals and PhD students/post docs and senior representatives from academia, business and the public sector. The one-week program is a blend of technical, social and cultural events.
- Join Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS Norway) for Early Career Research focused workshops on Tuesday May 10th. The first workshop will be “Pathways Through Scientific Careers” where you can hear about the unique career paths of 4 professionals in science fields followed by an open Q&A session and casual ECR networking opportunity. The second workshop will be “Pathways to Partnerships: Engaging Indigenous Communities in Arctic Research” during which you will meet two indigenous Arctic researchers who will share their perspectives on engaging indigenous communities into research followed by a group discussion. Sign up here!
- This year, a workshop run by Dr. Terri Souster and featuring Dr. Helle Goldman will focus on "How to review for scientific journals" on Tuesday May 10th. This workshops is run with funding from The Marine Challenger Society, UK. Sign up here!
- Add this sticker to your virtal poster booth to indicate that you want to participate in the Arctic Frontiers-APECS Early Career Scientist Virtual Content award. The top three virtual posters will win free access to next year's conference.