World Hydrogen Summit, 9-11 May
World Hydrogen Summit is the largest hydrogen focussed trade fair in Europe and is taking place in Rotterdam from 9th until 11th May 2023.
Explore our UK Pavillion (Stand A02) to receive insights on:
- The growing hydrogen sector in the UK and opportunities for international companies
- UK businesses providing leading solutions in clean hydrogen
- New opportunities and advances in UK's hydrogen industry
Discover 10+ innovative companies from the UK showcasing clean hydrogen solutions.
Our Hydrogen experts
Contact our trade and investment hydrogen experts on LinkedIn to schedule 1-2-1 meetings beforehand.
You can find an overview of our experts from the UK's Department for Business and Trade (DBT) attending the Word Hydrogen Summit below.
- Caroline Burleigh, Hydrogen Sector Manager, UK
- Simon Banham, Country Director, The Netherlands
- Juliette Kuiken, Head of Trade, The Netherlands
- Ricardo Solis, Senior Trade Advisor, Energy and Advanced Engineering, The Netherlands
- Mohit Singh, Senior Trade Adviser, The Netherlands
- Stefan Bullivant, Senior Investment Advisor, The Netherlands
- Katherine Mooney, Senior Trade Adviser, The Netherlands
- Erica Boyce, Business Development Officer Export Growth, The Netherlands
We look forward to discussing how your business can tap into these opportunities. Find out more about the World Hydrogen Summit here.
Driving the Growth for Low Carbon Hydrogen
The UK’s National Hydrogen Strategy was launched in 2021, alongside consultations on hydrogen business models, a Net Zero Hydrogen Fund, and low-carbon hydrogen standards.
The UK’s ambition of 10 GW low carbon hydrogen production pursed by a twin track approach (green and blue hydrogen) means the UK will have a large-scale supply of low-cost, low-carbon hydrogen available to the market sooner than many other countries.
Your hydrogen investment case is supported by the Hydrogen Net Zero Investment Roadmap, featuring:
- A Net Zero Hydrogen Fund to support your business case - the second round of the £240 million Net Zero Hydrogen Fund is now open for bids – Net Zero Hydrogen Fund strands 1 and 2 are open to applications.
- The design of a production business model to ensure long-term revenue support through a variable premium price support model and the aim to run annual allocation rounds for electrolytic hydrogen, moving to price competitive allocation by 2025.
- A Low Carbon Hydrogen Standard to enable market access and certainty for end use.
What makes the UK your prime location for hydrogen?
- Opportunities across the hydrogen value chain – from production, through transmission and storage to the range of potential end uses, including power, transport and heating
- Europe’s largest offshore wind market to power hydrogen production
- Existing assets: the UK has salt caverns and depleted oil and gas fields that are suitable for hydrogen storage as well as existing (and in some cases currently redundant) gas pipeline infrastructure that can be redeployed to transport hydrogen
- Expertise: the UK’s deep resources of both renewables and oil and gas sector expertise mean that there is no shortage of the skills or creative thinking needed to make projects happen – the UK is consistently in the top ten countries globally for hydrogen technology patent rates
- Pipeline of projects: over a dozen large-scale and several mid and small sized low carbon hydrogen projects are on-going or under development. These cover a range of technologies and applications.
Opportunities to invest in now
ITM Power Freeport East (Felixstowe and Harwich)
Freeport East is a world-leading centre for clean energy production, offering a unique set of opportunities and support for investors, traders, manufacturers and suppliers.
East Midlands Freeport
The East Midlands Freeport is the UK’s only inland Freeport, with unparalleled connectivity across the country, to international cities, and home to a wide range of innovative sectors.
Hydrogen in North East Scotland
Hydrogen is critical to decarbonising the UK and Scotland is helping lead the way, with clean energy R&D, hydrogen expertise and fresh investment opportunities.