Vietnam Smart Cities Trade Mission
Deadline for registration of interest 31st August.
Mission will run between 7th November - 15th November
Who is the mission for?
Find out more about the opportunities in Vietnam, by watching the below video.
Resolution 6 was passed in January 2022, with the official title: "Resolution of Poliburo on planning, construction, management and sustainable urban development in Vietnam up to 2030, Vision to 2045". As the name suggests, the resolution is wide ranging, and sets out the areas of work that must be delivered upon in the developing of Vietnam's future urban areas.
- The resolution calls for innovative thinking in urban planning to ensure that urban areas are fit for the future, and will have a focus on delivering for local residents and ensuring their quality of life.
- Ensuring that urban development is modern, characterful, but also respectful to traditional identity and culture in Vietnam.
- Develop good transport links within urban areas.
- Building greener urban spaces, wiht controls in place to improve air quality and reduce pollution
- There is a desire to decentralise decision making on the development of each urban area.
- By 2025, 100% of existing and new urban centers will have master plans, zoning plans, urban renovation, embellishment, reconstruction and development programs
- By 2025, fiber optic broadband network infrastructure will cover over 80% of households in urban areas, universalize 4G, 5G mobile network services and smartphones; the percentage of adult population in urban areas with electronic payment accounts is over 50%. By 2030, universalize fiber optic broadband Internet services, universalize 5G mobile network services, and the proportion of adult population in urban areas with electronic payment accounts will be over 80%.
- Create national plans on urban development to deal with challenges such as climate change, natual disaster prevention and control and epidemics