Pathways from Poverty Symposium - The Role of Colleges in Leaving No-One Behind
Thursday, 8th September 2022
13:00 - 16:00
About the event
Earlier this year, CDN published the Pathways from Poverty report. The report considers the key transitions facing Scotland, the UK and the world during the current ‘decade of disruption’, their impact on those coping with poverty, inequality and economic injustice, and how colleges can help to address these challenges for individuals and communities.
Since publishing the report, the CDN team has been working on in-depth case studies of specific poverty-related work being undertaken by our colleges, and this symposium will consider the themes in the report and the learning from this further work as the basis for thinking about how we support our learners, their families and communities over the next five years and beyond.
Who Should Attend?
- College staff interested in considering how they can develop their practice to support learners facing the complex challenges of poverty.
- College managers and senior team members responsible for developing plans for future provision of courses and support.
- Student Association officers working with college teams on support for learners.
- College board members thinking about future strategic priorities.
- Staff in partner organisations and employers.
Join us to hear our expert speakers providing opinion, information, analysis and inspiration.
Sign up now to secure your place for this event.