Open call: World Cup - Qatar
About this open call
The Great Britain and Northern Ireland campaign (GREAT) is the UK's promotional campaign. Live in 145 countries, it works closely with businesses, not-for-profit organisations and high profile to promote the very best of the UK, encouraging the world to visit, study, live and do business with us.
‘GREAT@ Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022’ is a chance to showcase the UK’s diverse culture and society to drive consideration to trade, visit and study in the UK. The programme will consist of three key elements:
- UK Garden Pavilion – a high impact UK Pavilion in the heart of Doha that entertains and educates our audiences and promotes a modern UK
- British Festival Day –an entertainment spectacle in collaboration with some of the music industry’s biggest names, showcasing the best of existing and emerging British acts. To be held on 28 November, the day before England v Wales pool match.
- VVIP events – Exclusive networking events targeted at investment opportunities and the sports economy connecting key business and political stakeholders across the region (GCC).
‘GREAT@ Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022’s overarching objectives are to strengthen diplomatic relations, capitalise on trade and investment opportunities, increase global tourism to the UK, modernise perceptions of the UK and promote British business in Qatar and across the region.
‘GREAT@ Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022’ will bring together an audience made of senior political and business leaders as well as football fans and tourists from around the world over the four weeks of the competition. The UK Garden Pavilion, British Festival and VIP events will also bring together Qatari hosts and senior political and business stakeholders.
The UK Government is inviting corporate sponsors to support the delivery of the GREAT programme both financially and through the provision value in kind. We are particularly interested in businesses and organisations who are aligned to the themes of the programme.
Sponsorship provides a powerful platform to:
- Create positive brand positioning within Qatar and the wider Middle East region.
- Showcase industry leadership.
- Engage other UK and global businesses in Qatar at the time of the FIFA World Cup.
- Build new relationships and meet with potential business partners and collaborators at VIP receptions and events.
- Demonstrate thought leadership through involvement with our VVIP events.
- While the UK Government will look to create bespoke rights packages for sponsors, typical rights will include:
- Branding across the three elements of the programme.
- Speaking opportunities.
- Invitations to exclusive VIP events.
- High level networking opportunities.
- Use of UK Garden Pavilion for private events during the tournament.
- Support in promoting the partnership via GREAT channels.
*Prospective sponsors will be required to align with the programme themes and undergo due diligence checks from the Cabinet Office and Department for International Trade to comply with robust UK Government standards
To register your interest contact Gemma-Paige Reynolds or Jonathan Cocke