Luxury and Premium Goods Mission to South Korea
Monday, 20 February 2023 - Sunday, 26 February 2023 (plus travel time)
The Department for International Trade are looking for luxury and premium consumer goods businesses to join a mission to South Korea to exhibit at Seoul Living Design Fair.
South Korea is a dynamic, sophisticated, high potential export markets, with over 90% connectivity. Bain & Co reported current economic levels made quick recovery back to those of 2019. South Korean consumers show strong appetite for luxury consumption and UK brands, and are early adopters of worldwide fashion trends.There is also a high level of English language comprehension.
The Seoul Living Design Fair is one of South Korea's largest exhibitions, with over 100,000 visitors each year; including buyers, distributors, stockists, cultural figures, interior designers and more.
We are looking for companies in the following sub-sectors:
|Textile||Home Decoration||Footwear||Jewellery||Book & Stationery|
|IT & Home||Outdoor||Bags||Accessories|
|Kitchen & Dining||Interior||Glasses||Baby & Kids|
Please note: this mission is not taking food and drink businesses.
To join the mission, a commitment fee of £500 + VAT will be paid by companies to the British Chamber of Commerce in South Korea. As well as the fair participation, you will receive a full agenda across the week including:
- A 1m x 1m exhibition stand to showcase your products
- An entry in the show brochure
- Pre-mission and during mission education
- Market visits to department stores - Galleria, Shinsegae and Lotte
- Meeting with Coupang and a tour of their premises
- A Meet the Buyer pre-exhibition event with department stores, marketplace wholesale buyers and distributors
- Networking event at the British Embassy
- A Meet the Buyer during the exhibition coordinated by the event organisers
- Translators throughout the trip
- Transportation during the mission
Still to be confirmed:
- Live streaming event to sell D2C whilst in market
- Event video participation for promo, PR and social media coverage
Please note: There are two Meet the Buyer events on this mission. One is specific to the mission taking place the day before the Seoul Living Design Fair at the British Embassy. This will have buyers from key department stores, marketplace wholesale buyers and distributors. We expect at least 10 buyers for each participant. The second Meet the Buyer is during the exhibition and coordinated by the event organisers.
Flights to Seoul are from London Heathrow, with further information on hotels and airlines to follow. The cost of flights, hotels and other expenses are to be covered by companies themselves and not DIT.
How to join this mission
Register your interest for this mission by clicking the button below.
Please note: a commitment fee will need to be paid by Wednesday 30th November 2022 to secure your place on this mission.