Abstract submission is now open!
The Scientific Committee of EMYO 2020 hightly encourages participants to submit an abstract.
To qualify for a poster presentation, the abstract submission guidelines must be respected.
Please log in here in order to be able to submit an abstract.
Timeline & deadlines
- Abstract submission deadline: Wednesday, 29 April 2020 (11:59 PM CEST) - Extended to Friday, 13 November 2020!
- Notification of acceptance: Tuesday 19 May 2020 - Extended to Tuesday, 1 December 2020!
- All abstracts are to be submitted online.
- The jury will select 20 abstracts for poster presentation.
- The other abstracts will be shown on a screen during EMYO 2020.
- In order to be able to submit an abstract, registration for EMYO 2020 is required
Abstract submission guidelines
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via the abstract submission tool by Wednesday, 29 April 2020. Extended to Friday, 13 November 2020!
- All abstracts should be written in English.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a fully finalised abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific facts will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- At the time of submission, the material should not have been published or accepted for publication in the years 2017, 2018 or 2019. Encore abstracts are accepted but not favoured. In case of encore abstracts, the conference and conference date should be mentioned in the abstract. If the data include new data not presented before, the abstract will not be considered as encore.
- A short title of maximum 45 characters should be submitted.
- The body of the abstract should be limited to maximum 1800 characters, including spaces but excluding title and abstract information of the authors. A table may be included but counts towards the maximum character count of 1800.
- All abstracts should be structured as follows: Title, Author, Authors' affiliations, Purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions. Please note that abstracts without concrete results will not be considered.
- No one may be first author of more than two e-posters
- No more than 20 abstracts submitted will be selected by the Programme Committee (Dr Ine Lambert & Dr Andrea Appeltans) for poster presentation. All other accepted abstracts will be shown on a screen.
- The topic of the abstract should be in the scope of the meeting:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Optic nerve & Glaucola & Neuropathy
- Refractive & Cataract surgery
- If the abstract has more than one author, the main author should be clearly identified (fe: label: 'main author'). The submitting author should be one of the main authors.
- The submitting author confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- All correspondence concerning the abstract will be sent to the submitting author who is responsible for informing any other co-author(s) of the status of the abstract.
- The presenting author of an abstract must register for the congress.
- The curriculum vitae or at least a short CV of the submitting author should be included with the submission.
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access codes. Corrections to abstracts can only be made until Wednesday, 29 April 2020. Extended to Friday, 13 November 2020!
- Acceptance letters will be sent by Tuesday 19 May 2020, to notify the first author of acceptance or rejection together with the time schedule of the presentation. Unfortunately, the complexity of the programme will not allow schedule changes. If you do not receive a notification corresponding to your abstract submission by Wednesday, 20 May 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - Extended to Tuesday, 1 December 2020!