Welcome to the Congress Portal for Abstract Submissions and Reviewers
The European Programme Committee invites submissions from ITS experts to be considered for presentation at the ITS European Congress 2023 in Lisbon.
Proposals may address any mode of transport but must demonstrate a link to ITS in general and the theme of the Lisbon Congress - ITS: The Game Changer - in particular.
The Congress is organised under five topics:
- Cooperative, connected and automated mobility
- New mobility services
- Freight & Logistics
- Digitalisation and the data value chain
- Future traffic management
A selection of keywords will guide your submissions under the categories listed below. The subject matter we expect to see addressed by authored papers and organised discussion sessions is as follows:
- Special Interest Sessions: will mostly discuss work that is underway or recently completed in regionally, nationally or internationally. Organisers must submit a plan describing how a chosen set of speakers would address key aspects of important topics – achievements, problems, trends, technology developments, policies, etc.
- Strategic Future Sessions: must address a forward-looking “blue-sky” type of opportunity or problem. They may make a case for launching new ITS initiatives.
- Technical papers: must describe original work within the state of the art – for example, the implementation of a new solution that improves practice and from which others can learn, or the outcomes of practical work, trials, demonstrations and pilots.
Technical Papers must be between 5 and 10 pages.
Please click here to download the Technical Paper Template.
- Research papers: must describe work which advances the state of the art by adding something new or addressing a known weakness. They will be expected to show scholarship, innovation and analysis of new types of problem or solution rather than different approaches to previously researched areas.
Research Papers must be between 9 and 12 pages.
Please click here to download the Research Paper Template.
- Start-up Presentations:
- Start-up exhibitors at the Congress can apply for a place in a presenting session in the main programme.
- There is a free choice of presentation style and method; the allocated time will be strictly enforced.
- There will be a ‘Best start-up presentation’ Award. Members of a small jury will attend all Start-up Presentations and jointly decide which have made most impact.
The Call for Contributions Brochure provides a helpful overview on the Congress and its themes.
Please log in to enter the submissions portal.
We look forward to your submissions to share perspectives on future mobility as envisioned by smart mobility experts from around the world!