|Submission opens||22 September 2022|
|Call for contribution deadline||20 January 2023|
|Status notification to submitters||From 20 March 2023 onwards|
Instructions for Session Submitters
- All proposals must be submitted online in English.
- Proposals must address technology issues or the institutional, business, societal or economic aspects of ITS.
- All submissions must include the name, organisation, country and email address of the organiser, moderator and at least three confirmed speakers.
- All session speakers and moderators must register and pay the appropriate Congress fee.
- Sessions without registered speakers by the given deadline may lose their slots to others from the reserve list.
- Acceptance of proposals is not linked to sponsorship, which is negotiated separately.
Special Interest Sessions will mostly discuss work that is underway or recently completed in regionally, nationally or internationally. Organisers must submit a plan describing how a chosen set of speakers would address key aspects of important topics – achievements, problems, trends, technology developments, policies, etc.
Strategic Future Sessions must address a forward-looking “blue-sky” type of opportunity or problem. They may argue a case for launching new ITS initiatives.
Reviewers from the European Programme Committee (EPC) will use these criteria to select sessions:
- Relevance to the overall Congress theme and chosen topic
- An interactive format rather than a series of presentations
- A discussion topic not featured in previous Congresses
- Proposals tackling a broad area rather than a single project
- An indication of what the individual speakers will contribute to the discussion
- A diverse and gender-balanced mix of moderators/speakers, with three confirmed speakers
- SFS must additionally describe the future and strategic aspects of one of the 10 designated topics and propose an innovative and interactive session format.
- Each completed submission will receive an auto-generated acknowledgment email with the ID number and contact details of the submitter. This confirmation of receipt does not signify acceptance.
- Attendance and presentation options at the Congress are in-person only.