Welcome to the Abstract & Short Paper Submission Portal of the 43rd International Symposium on Halogenated Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
The call for abstracts and short papers are now closed.
Delegates can submit Dioxin2023 presentation proposals in two formats: a one-page abstract or a four-page short paper. Please follow the instructions in the template files to prepare your abstract/short paper. The abstract/short paper must be saved in Word and PDF format before the online submission.
- One-page abstract: please click here to download the one-page abstract template
- Short paper: please click here to download the four-page abstract template. A short paper can be published in the 2023 volume of the Organohalogen Compounds if you choose this option.
All abstracts or short papers need to be submitted by the presenting author. As a submitter you must therefore be the presenter at the Symposium in September in Maastricht (if selected). If you are unable or not planning to present yourself, please request the presenting author to submit the proposal.
In order to go to the submission page, you need to create an account. Once your account is active, you can submit your abstract/short paper. When choosing the option 'save & submit later', you will be able to log back in and modify your submission until the deadline. Please note that only complete submissions will be reviewed.
The conference language is English, all abstracts or short papers must therefore be submitted in English.
Please submit your abstract or short paper via the online submission system only. Applications sent by email or any other means will not be considered.
Abstracts will be reviewed, and evaluated by the chairs. Please note that the chairs maintain the flexibility to assign your presentation to another session, if it is determined to be better suited to another theme or session topic category or due to over / under subscription of different sessions.
We welcome abstracts and short papers for the following sessions:
- Advancements in pharmacokinetic modeling of POPs and mixtures
- Advances in the (bio)remediation of POPs
- Environmental and human exposure to plasticizers and other consumer product chemicals
- Environmental Forensics
- European POPs monitoring
- Exposome of Emerging Contaminants in the Global Environment
- Fate and Transport
- Fate, Detection and Analysis of Chlorinated Paraffins
- Food contact materials
- Formation, Sources and Control
- From Science to Policy
- Human Exposure
- Legacy and Emerging Flame Retardants: Biotransformation and Toxicity
- Legacy and Emerging Flame Retardants: Occurrence and Exposure
- Levels and Trends (Abiotic)
- Levels and Trends (Biota)
- Levels and Trends (Foods and Feeds)
- Micro(nano)plastics as Environmental Vectors for POPs and Additives
- Organic pollutants in HBM4EU and PARC projects
- Per and polyfluorinated substances (PFAS): Occurrence and exposure
- Per and polyfluorinated substances (PFAS): Toxicity
- Physico-chemical Properties and Modeling
- POPs and microplastics
- POPs in developing countries
- POPs in polar regions
- Progress in Methods for POPs Analysis
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Screening and identification of novel contaminants
- Status and Perspective on Waste Management of POPs
To discover more about the symposium we invite you to consult our symposium website.
May 22 (oral presentations)
May 31 (poster presentations only)
|Status notification to submitters||Early June|
To submit your contribution, start with “Login” to create your profile first and then choose “Submissions”. When creating your submission, please carefully read and follow the guidelines of the templates.