International Opportunities for UK Education
Global demand for UK education
UK Education is world-leading and world-renowned. From EdTech to English Language Teaching, international demand for the UK’s innovative products and services continues to grow.
As part of its International Education Strategy, the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT) is helping to deliver the Government’s ambition to ensure education exports reach £35bn by 2030.
In markets across the world, DIT is promoting the UK’s world-class education offer and driving demand overseas. Here in the UK, DIT is supporting businesses and providers in the sector to export their products, services, and expertise.
How can I take advantage of international opportunities?
- Register now for upcoming trade missions. An excellent opportunity to gain local market knowledge and to meet potential partners or investors.
- Attend DIT’s education webinars. Learn more about where there’s demand for your expertise and how to grow your business in new markets.
- Access local support. UK businesses and providers can get help from International Trade Advisers based in their region. Get in touch with your local trade office to contact an Adviser.
- Use DIT support offers. Find out more about selling overseas with DIT’s country export guides, register for the Export Academy if you are a new exporter, or access financial support from UK Export Finance. Explore DIT support for exporters.
- Find export opportunities. Explore global opportunities for UK education businesses and providers, sourced by overseas trade professionals or provided by a third party. Visit great.gov's export opportunities.
What else is DIT doing to support the sector?
Bilateral Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in non-EU countries aim to help UK businesses and providers trade more easily with those markets. You can keep up to date with the status of the UK’s trade agreements and negotiations here.
The UK launched a public consultation for a comprehensive FTA with the Gulf Cooperation Council. The link to the consultation announcement is here.
Separately, the education team here at DIT is working to improve market access outside of FTAs. Contact the education team if you would like to share views on market access barriers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Education Champion
To support the delivery of the International Education Strategy, Sir Steve Smith was appointed as the UK International Education Champion and the Prime Minister’s Special Representative to Saudi Arabia for Education.
Keep up-to date:
Sign-up to DIT education’s newsletter to receive quarterly updates by contacting email@example.com
View recent newsletters below:
- DIT Education Quarterly Update - October 2021
- DIT Education Special Edition Newsletter on Free Trade Agreements
Useful Self-Help guide for businesses can be found here
DfE Export Data:
Statistics on the estimated revenue generated by education related exports and transnational education (TNE) activity in 2018 can be found here.
Information and Resources
Information and Resources can be found by clickin on the button below.