Specialised Advice & Support for SMEs
If you are a UK business in the Defence & Security space who is already exporting or looking to start exporting our Export Faculty is your first port of call.
Part of the broader Export Academy initiative from the Department for International Trade, the UK DSE Export Faculty provides:
- Targeted, sector specific learning & development
- Support to attend events and other sector activity
- Signposting & introductions to overseas contacts
- Information on lucrative export opportunities
- Interaction & collaboration with other UK SMEs
- Channels to feed into UK Government export policy
About UK Defence & Security Exports (UK DSE)
UK Defence & Security Exports supports UK companies in the defence, physical security and cyber security sectors to export, invest and win.
We use our unique network of serving military officers, industry secondees and over 5,000 trade specialists, based across the UK and within 120 countries to promote innovation, opportunity and partnership around the world.
The UK DSE Export Faculty works in collaboration with the wider DIT Export Academy, bringing SMEs a wide variety of productive and practical advice to help support internationalisation plans.
How It Works
Registration is processed via the broader DIT Export Academy. Click here to register.
When registering, select 'Defence' and/or 'Security' and you'll be automatically added to our Faculty. Once registered, you will be notifed of any Defence & Security related content. Much of the content will be delivered live, usually virtually, but sessions will also be available to stream or download.
Examples of UKDSE sessions include:
- Export Licensing
- Doing Business with Prime Contractors
- Working with the Media
- Preparing for Events
- Finance for Export
- Support from Other Government Departments & Bodies
- Developing Export Strategies
- Global Market Focus Sessions
- Business Culture & Know How Across the World
- Pitching for International Contracts
- Getting Work the the Aid Funded Business Sector
All material is free of charge for UK companies.
Some sessions will be universal across the sector, however, recognising the broad nature of Defence & Security we have developed some sector specific modules across five categories:
- Cyber Security
These more nuanced sessions are aimed at those looking to engage in UK DSE activity and could include:
- Working towards specific Trade Missions
- Bidding on speciality tenders
- Forming consortium of UK SMEs to bid for contracts
- Technical & indepth learning
- Feeding into HMG Trade Policy
You will automatically be enrolled in the relevant department(s) (remember to select the appropriate sub sectors when registering with the DIT Export Academy)and will recieve more tailored content invites as they become available.
UK Defence & Security Exports supports UK companies in the defence, physical security and cyber security sectors to export, invest and win. We use our network of over 5,000 trade staff based in 120 countries to promote innovation, opportunity and partnership around the world.