Dundee (Food and Drink)
Thursday, 14 Mar 2024
Time: 1:15pm - 4:30pm
Venue: Malmaison Hotel
In partnership with local business representative organisations, this event will have a Food and Drink sectoral focus.
A mixture of sessions hosted by partners, DBT colleagues and local food and drink businesses will run throughout the afternoon, including a closing ceremony with the participation of Lord Offord, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Scotland and Minister for Exports.
Focus will be upon opportunities for Scottish Food & Drink (F&D) companies in Australia and New Zealand, as well as practical information on routes to market and experience sharing from businesses, with ample opportunity for participation and feedback.
Aimed at export-ready Scottish Food and Drink companies looking to expand into, or grow their sales in, the Australia and New Zealand markets.
|Registration, refreshements and networking
Opening: David Mundell MP, Prime Minister's Trade Envoy to New Zealand (TBC)
Food & Drink (F&D) opportunities in Australia and New Zealand
- Presentation and discussion on the Australian and New Zealand food and drink markets and the opportunities for UK businesses.
Support available for Scottish exporters
- Presentation from Scottish Development International and the Department for Business and Trade on support available to exporters, followed by Q&A
Your journey to market
- Business Representative Organisation (BRO) introduction
- Panel including businesses currently exporting Food & Drink (F&D) products to Australia and New Zealand, government representatives from each country and business representative organisations, followed by Q&A
- An opportunity to network with the day's particpants in presence of Lord Offord, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Scotland and Minister for Exports.