Please visit icas.asia/icas11 for information regarding ICAS 11.

ICAS 10 took place in 2017 in Chiang Mai. The next Convention - ICAS 11 - will be held in Leiden, the Netherlands from 16-19 July 2019. For more information, please visit the ICAS 11 website.


Visa and Letters of Invitation


A foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa exemption requirements.

Passport holders from 48 countries and 1 special administrative region – Hong Kong SAR – are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in the Thailand for a period of not exceeding 30 days on each visit. If such foreigners enter the Kingdom at the immigration checkpoints which border neighbouring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia and whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time. Nationals of certain countries may apply for visa upon arrival in Thailand. Travelers with this type of visa are permitted to enter and stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 15 days.

Details of visa exemption and application of visa upon arrival can be obtained at http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/customize/62281-Summary-of-Countries-and-Territories-entitled-for.html

For visa on arrival document requirements see http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/visa-on-arrival.php

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15405-General-information.html

Letters of invitation

Participants who need an official letter of invitation to attend ICAS 10, please fill in the online form. If you have visa-related queries you can contact the local organizer at icas10.chiangmai@gmail.com. The letter will be sent to you by email within 5–7 working days. Please note that we recommend you request your invitation at least 3 weeks before applying for your visa.